Tuesday 30 July 2013

My Diet, How I lost 30 pounds


Over the last 6 months I have managed to lose 30 pounds just over two stone by sticking to my exercise regime and changing my diet.
I have struggled throughout my adult life with binge eating. I will eat to the point of feeling sick. Not all the time but I have a tendency to go of track and put on weight quickly.

I have been on a sort of low carb diet for 6 months and I have felt good on the diet and do not feel the need to over eat. I do eat carbs mostly rice and sweet potato before a workout but I have cut down on carbohydrates considerably. Before my staple diet consisted of cereal, bread, biscuits, cake, potatoes chips and crisps etc.
I would estimate that my carb intake has gone from about 80% to about 15%. I do not crave breads or biscuits anymore. Before I would eat an entire pack of biscuits in one go.

A typical day would be

Breakfast:  3 or 4 Scrambled eggs with a noggin of butter and cheese

Lunch:  Chicken breast and a salad

Snack: If I'm working out I have a rice dish or a sweat potato with butter or cheese

Diner: Steak and a Salad

I snack on nuts, cheese, chicken wings, Dark chocolate, yogurt

I eat dark chocolate, I eat 70 percent cocoa chocolate and it very good for you. It apparently helps to release serotonin and is anti inflammatory for the brain.(I don't know what that means either) I sometimes dissolve a bar in my coffee to make a tasty mocha. This type of chocolate takes a bit of getting used to as its on the bitter side but you our not likely to binge on it.

I don't eat any sugar and have got used to coffee this way. I eat plenty of butter and fat.Many people will frown on this but I find it nourishing and tasty. I eat a lot of cheese, nuts and meat. I keep the diet interesting by using different spices and spice blends on the meat.

I am not strict with my diet. I will occasionally buy a McDonald's or a sandwich on the weekend and I usually will have a cheat meal once a week. I find the diet easy to stick to and I don't tend to over eat which has been a weakness of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment